There are so many great places to see in our beautiful country but there are some that are extra family friendly and fun! I have put together a list of 10 must see family vacations.
1. Washington DC – There are so many national monuments and museums in DC, and who can forget the White House? Most people do use the Metro (like a subway system) for getting around but I have found that it is quite easy once you get used to it. I have been there a few times and I have always enjoyed the visit!
2. The Great Smokey Mountains in TN – I love the Great Smokey Mountains, we are actually headed that way in a few weeks! Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg are only a couple of miles from each other and there is so much to do as a family! There are waterparks, nature hikes (you may even spot a real bears ), beautiful cabins, and Dollywood. There are a TON of things to do there!
3. Cincinnati, OH – I live in Northern Ky, very close to Cincinnati, OH and it is such a big part of who I am so I couldn’t leave it off the list. There is an awarding winning zoo, an incredible museum center which includes a kid, science, and history museum in one building, a huge amusement park (Kings Island) or a smaller one (Coney Island) and more! There is so much to this great city and if you stop by make sure to have some Cincinnati chili together, it is to die for!
5. Orlando, FL – Well, this one speaks for itself. The home of Disney World, Sea World, Universal Studios and more! There are so many family attractions and the ocean is not too far away. You can have an action packed vacation here!
6. Kentucky – I know, this is a whole state. Well, what can I say, I’m biased. This is where I’m from. If you are looking to explore caves, see a beautiful aquarium or waterfalls, or see incredible historic sites Kentucky is the place. This state is truly beautiful, just driving through it you will see rolling hills and beautiful scenery.
7. Williamsburg, VA – There is so much history in Williamsburg, VA. I have not been there for years but I would love to go back. It is like stepping back into the colonial days where you will see workers dressed in old time clothes and beautiful, old, historic homes!
8. Myrtle Beach, SC -Myrtle Beach has all of this:
- 60 miles of wide, soft sandy beaches
- Savory restaurants and family-friendly dining
- Amusement and water parks
- Live entertainment theaters and exciting nightlife
- Thrilling water sports
- The best golf courses in the south
- Cultural activities and historic sites
- Outlet malls, specialty boutiques, flea markets, and specialty stores
- Freshwater, ocean and deep sea saltwater fishing and much more
9. Chicago, IL – has a skyline bristling with skyscrapers such as the iconic John Hancock Center, sleek, 1,451-ft. Willis Tower and neo-Gothic Tribune Tower. The city is also renowned for its museums, including the Art Institute and its expansive collections, including noted Impressionist works. The “Windy City” has so many things to do as a family, you can plan a whole week or just a weekend there!
10. Hershey, PA – We have been to Hershey a few times. You can go through the factory tour for free to see the history of Hershey and how the candy is made. You even get a sample to taste as you leave. They have an amazing souvenir shop and extra events always going on! There is even an amusement park! When you go to Hershey, you are not too far from Gettysburg or Lancaster PA so this is the perfect place to see many places in one trip! I love that! Pennsylvania is a beautiful state. There are many cities that are worth seeing there!
What places would you add?
I’d say Philadelphia all the history, Wood Shoe Tulip farm Oregon and oh so many ghost town Idaho has many few Bayhorse, Custer, Chesterfield, then in Az. Altman where you see donkeys walking around freely. Lake Haven where you will see London bridge where they brought over from the bricks from London and rebuilt it along with making a man made lake. Goldfield Ghost town Az , Mystery Castle Az has a story behind it. Carlsbad Caverns National Park. Of coarse Utah Zion, Arches, Bryce Canyon four corners where you can’t touch four different states at one time and so many more. Big things in little town. That is the coolest little town where a man has taken upon himself to build many world records it’s, chimps, rocking chair, mailbox, bird cage and so many more, things, (not all things made are world record but they are large. These are just a few places I’ve seen