One of the best things about summer is family vacation! Vacation can create some of the best memories with your family and can be the most fun! As much fun as a vacation can be you need to be prepared for anything!
There are several things I do to prepare for vacation, there is always so much to do!
Here are my favorite 5 Ways to Prepare for Summer Vacation!
1. Write an extensive packing list – This really helps me not to forget anything important. You want to include your clothes of course but also remember chargers, first aid kit, small toys, maps and directions, and snacks for the road! Make sure to include things to entertain the kids in the car also! Be prepared for a lot of “Are we there yet?”
2. Prepare Transportation – If you are flying make sure you have your tickets ahead and your flight plan planned out. If you are renting a car you need to make sure you have everything you need including pick up and drop off locations and times, and if you are driving your own car make sure you have it checked out and maintained before starting your road trip!
3. Take care of the household – Arrange for a pet sitter or boarding house, call the post office and stop mail from coming, and make sure all appliances and fans are off!
4. Make sure you have insurance – No one wants to think about getting hurt on vacation but accidents do happen and sometimes things don’t go as planned!
5. Unplug and have fun – Try real hard to unplug for vacation. This is the time to make memories and connect with your family! You don’t want your kids to remember you on your laptop/phone the whole time! Enjoy the beautiful sites and the fun activities you have planned as a family! You want to create great memories! Remember though it doesn’t always go as planned, be flexible and take what comes with a good heart! If it rains the whole time, or the schedule doesn’t go the way you planned make the most of what you have at the time! The important thing is you are together!
How do you prepare for vacation?
Get Your Travel Planner
Get your vacation in order with these Travel Worksheets. Simply opt-in below to have the Travel Worksheets sent straight to your inbox!